What is Massage Therapy?
Massage is one of the oldest healing arts: Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document its use; the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments; and Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. Today, the benefits of massage are varied and far-reaching. As an accepted part of many physical rehabilitation programs, massage therapy has also proven beneficial for many chronic conditions, including low back pain, arthritis, bursitis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, immunity suppression, infertility, smoking cessation, depression, and more. And, as many millions will attest, massage also helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday living that can lead to disease and illness.
First Things First
Before we begin your session, we’ll discuss your goals for the massage. Depending on your needs or requests, we will perform a customized full-body massage (for stress reduction) OR focus on specific areas of your body. We use either hypo-allergenic OR non-allergenic massage oil/ cream/ lotion during your treatment.
Benefits of Massage
- induces the “Relaxation Response” – a physical state of the body that activates the parasympathetic branch of the nervous system **
- increases circulation
- increases flexibility and range of motion
- reduces acute and chronic pain
- lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- aids in recovery from injuries and illness
- strengthens the immune system
- reduces many types of headache
- improves concentration
- promotes restorative sleep
- reduces physical,mental and emotional stress **
While periodic massage enhances your well being, the real benefit of massage comes from multiple sessions. We offer discounts for repeat customers, whether you come every week or every month. Our goal is to provide lasting support for all clients, and we hope you’ll be happy with our work !